Friday 21 August 2015

10 of My Favourite Pinterest Recipes

I have a love-hate relationship with Pinterest. It can be a major time suck, but it can also be so helpful! I pin ideas for school, home renos, and organization, but most often it's recipes. Pinterest is like a modern day recipe box. Of course, I've pinned many recipes that I haven't tried (and  probably never will,) but I have managed to find some favourites.  I thought I'd share some of them here. I've tried all of these recipes, often more than once, and recommend them. I can't say that I followed the recipes exactly the way they are written

1.  Loaded Philly Cheesesteak Baked Potato - from Skinnytaste.com
Try it. Seriously. It was delicious. It's on the menu plan for this week, but I think we'll just serve it on some crusty rolls instead of potatoes.

2.  My Favorite Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies - from The Spiffy Cookie
These cookies take a long time to make, but the time is so worth it! They were crowned the chocolate chip cookie winner by my husband.

3.  Homemade Pizza Dough - from Favorite Family Recipes
This is my go-to pizza dough recipe. It freezes well and makes a good pizza!

4.  Oreo Ultimate Turtles Cheesecake - from Allrecipes.com
You definitely want to make this when people are coming over or if you need dessert to bring to a potluck. You don't want to be forced to eat it all. Trust me. It's really sweet. I have a pretty rich sweet tooth, and this cheesecake puts it to the test. This is definitely are "share with lots of people" recipe.

5.  The Best Chocolate Cake Recipe - from Add A Pinch
This is my favourite chocolate cake recipe. I've talked about it before (here and here). The espresso powder in the recipe makes it something special! Don't skip it. Just trust me. Now I want chocolate cake!

6.  Best Meatloaf. Ever. from South Your Mouth
Okay, I'm not exactly a meatloaf girl. I had visions of dried out ketchup covered ground beef. I'm telling you, this recipe is actually good. Give it a try.

7.  Rice Krispie Cookies from C and C Dish
These cookies remind me of the ones my grandmother used to make. Everyong called my grandmother Cookie Nan, and with a name like that, you know that she was known for her cookies!  I sadly don't have any of her cookie recipes, but these are close. Every time I make these delicious treats, I think of her. 

8.  Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli Soup from Farm Girl in the Suburbs
I have been to Olive Garden three times in my life.  The first time I went, I had this soup. This recipe isn't quite what I remember from the restaurant, but it is really good. I find it's a bit think, so don't expect it to be very soupy; it's more like a chili consistency. It freezes well, and that's always a bonus for work lunch planning.  

9.  Pepperoni Pizza Quesadillas - from Snixy Kitchen
I love pizza. I also like quesadillas. I never would have thought to put them together. It's a quick lunchtime meal.

10.  Turkey, Veggie Tray, & Barley Soup {Thanksgiving Leftover Recipe} from The Chic Life
I have only made this once, and had completely forgotten about this recipe, but I do remember that it was delicious. I love a good soup recipe and this one is awesome! It's also easy to change up depending on what you have in your fridge.


I've got some new Pinterest recipes to try this week in our weekly meal plan, and I'm excited to see if I can find any keepers for quick and easy weeknight meals. Have you found any go-to everyday recipes? Comment below and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below! I'd love to hear from you!

Blueberry Pie and A Beautiful Drive!

Yesterday, I went for a drive all by myself. I feel like this shouldn't be news, but usually I have C in tow, and although he makes road...