Thursday 3 July 2014

BBQ Success! (I’m probably the last person on earth to figure this out!)

I successfully barbequed last night.  I realize that’s not a real accomplishment for most, but for me, it is. I think the only thing I have barbequed before is a hot dog, and that’s with mixed results. You see, the problem with barbequing is that I have to pay attention.  Difficult for a scatterbrain.  You have to remember to  really pay attention - make sure the wind doesn’t blow out the flame; be on the look out for flare-ups and hot spots; and flip, flip, flip.  Really, it’s just too much for me. But I did it. The chicken wasn’t burnt, raw, bland or even dried out. Success. I was really proud. I don't think my husband, who normally does the barbequing was nearly as excited as I was, but he did admit that it was tasty.  

The best part? It was easy.  All I did was put a little S & P on the chicken, preheated the BBQ and then turned it to medium, and flopped the chicken on the grill. Open cover, turn chicken, close cover, and repeat until cooked through. Easy peasy... and delicious! It was quick and there were no dishes.  I think I’ll even try it again.  Why has it taken me so long to figure this out?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below! I'd love to hear from you!

Blueberry Pie and A Beautiful Drive!

Yesterday, I went for a drive all by myself. I feel like this shouldn't be news, but usually I have C in tow, and although he makes road...