Tuesday 28 July 2015

Grilled Cows Cheese Sandwich with Mushrooms

We're heading to PEI next month, and today, I had a treat for lunch straight from the Island. A delicious grilled cheese sandwich made with Cow's cheese! It was so yummy.

Cow's cheese has a pretty high milk fat content, and can be a bit pricey, so I don't buy it often, but it's SOOOO good! Luckily, I don't have to be in PEI to get it, as Sobeys and Costco often carry it. Every so often, I pick up a chunk and use it in grilled cheeses (is cheeses a real word??), diced up in salads, grated on pasta, or just as a snack on its own.

A couple years ago, I had been at Sobeys and a booth was offering samples of grilled cheese with mushrooms. I had never added anything to my grilled cheese before, and realized that I had been missing out! Since then, I've made grilled cheese sandwiches with sautéed mushrooms and Cows cheese as a special lunch time treat.

Grilled Cows Cheese with Mushrooms Sandwich

 
Ingredients:
2 slices of multigrain bread
Sliced cows cheese (enough to cover a piece of bread) - not too thick, it's rich
Mushrooms sliced thinly - probably about 2-3 mushrooms, any type
1t or so of butter or margarine

Directions:
1. Preheat frying pan and sauté mushrooms until water is released. You don't want that moisture in your sandwich!
2. Build your sandwich - butter/margarine one side of each piece of bread, place enough sliced cheese to cover a non-buttered side of the bread, add saluted onions on top of cheese, topped with the second piece of bread (buttered side facing out, of course).
3. Carefully flop into a preheated frying pan, and watch carefully, making sure it doesn't burn,  flipping after the first side gets golden brown.
4. Slice in two and enjoy! Serve with some veggie sticks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below! I'd love to hear from you!

Blueberry Pie and A Beautiful Drive!

Yesterday, I went for a drive all by myself. I feel like this shouldn't be news, but usually I have C in tow, and although he makes road...